Wednesday, March 16, 2016

How to Live

Hello my fellow Trumpelstiltskins.  I know you are probably expecting a 500ish word post including a funny or embarrassing story from me, but I am actually going to talk (or write I guess) about something serious today.

As I see it, breathing and being alive are two completely different things.  You can be breathing and technically living, but being alive requires so much more.  I am not saying that I am against planning your future, being responsible, etc.  I am just saying that you (usually) need to experience more than you are now or have been.  Believe me, I am working on this myself, so we are both in this together.  You need to explore new places, make fun memories, meet new people, and find happiness.

You are probably asking yourself, "Where is Mikelle getting these ideas?  Why is she being so inspirational all of a sudden?"  Well, I've always been one that likes to explore and find new places, but it was mostly just on vacations and things like that.  The truth is, we need to do things like that everyday we can.  We don't have to live in a place surrounded by beautiful beaches or forests in order to explore and try new things.  You could even go walking around your neighborhood or on a hike and just find a place you like.  It can be something somewhat extravagant, or something as simple as a tree.  My happy place is a bridge I found when walking around by my Grandparent's cabin in Fish Lake.  It is just a small bridge, over a tiny stream.

(pure beauty captured by moi)

Next to it, are hundreds of intertwined tree roots sticking up a couple feet from the ground.  It may not seem too special to any of you, but it is my absolute favorite place to be.  Find a place like this, and go there as often as you can, you will thank me.

(credits to moi, again)

As we grow older, we all get so caught up in homework and social media and trying to fit in that we don't think about ourselves and what we need.  Although homework and school are very important to our education and the rest of our lives, it shouldn't keep you from doing what you love and making sure you are at your best mentally and physically.  For only a couple hours a day, turn your phone off and put it somewhere you don't normally put it, not near you.  During this time, spend time with your family, do something you've never done before, or get into old hobbies.  I have been doing this everyday, and it really has been making me happier.

My favorite thing to do for myself, is take pictures.  More specifically, I like to walk around my street and my backyard, and appreciate the beauty that I am surrounded with.  Don't worry about posting the pictures on Instagram or anything like that, just take them for you and you only.  I know I sound hella cheesy, but I promise that these things will either improve your day, or make you a happier person in general.

So, there was my inspirational rant.  I'm actually quite surprised I could get through 500 words without making a joke or calling myself an egg.  Eh, maybe next time.

2 comments:

  1. Do you use your phone or do you use an actual camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete