Friday, March 4, 2016

Ain't Nobody Got Time For That

Time is a precious thing in our lives.  There are many things in this world that use up our time for no good reason.  Overused catch phrases are a very irritating example of these things.  I saw the vine, you don't need to repeat "Deez Nuts" and "What are those?" all the time.  I have the internet too, but do I go around saying dumb phrases when they aren't needed or funny?  Exactly.

Despite how much free time you probably assume I have, I actually don't have much time to spare in my week.  Surprising, I know.  I have a lot of things I have to get accomplished, and watching normal T.V. is just not an option.  After my family started buying a Netflix subscription, why do we even need real T.V.?  Granted, some of their series choices aren't the greatest, but you can watch it whenever you want without stupid ads to sit through whenever the show actually gets good.

For all you girls out there that have perfect nails all the time, props to you.  Mikelle doesn't have time for that ish.  It takes me what seems like 2398720349857 years to find the color I want, then when I actually paint my nails, it takes that time times two just to dry!  Its not even that thick, why does it take so long?  And no, the "express dry" kind does not actually do that much so don't even get me started.

(actual story of my life credits to Havoc and Mayhem)


Usually when I am putting up decorations, it takes a really long time but hey, it's exciting so I still do it.  Taking them down is a different story.  First of all, it is just plain depressing because it means that that holiday is over.  Second, it takes so much longer to take all of the ornaments off a christmas tree than to put them on.  It's basic science, and I don't have time for it.

Just like painting nails, if you have the time and patience for that, go for it.  I, on the other hand, enjoy my sleep.  What sounds better to you: Waking up at 5 every morning to curl/straighten my hair, or get an extra hour of sleep because I don't need to impress anybody anyways?  It's pretty much self-explanatory.  I don't have time to try to impress people.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I just don't think that worrying about how someone thinks about you is a good way to spend time.  Don't get me wrong, I care about many people's opinions about me because I'm not perfect but, you shouldn't try to change yourself to try to influence someone's outlook on you.

As a teenager, I don't have much money to spend on clothes.  I have a couple nice and presentable outfits, and that is mostly what you will see me wearing to school every week, but in different orders.  This is okay, despite popular belief.  You want to know why?  Because I OWN A WASHING MACHINE!  Do not criticize me for wearing the same clothes, because if I wash them, why should it even matter?  Most of the people who point these things out, are guys (or girls) that wear the same sweatshirt and pants everyday (without washing them).  You know who you are.

Help Matthew revise his essay (as he requested I included in this post)
"That is not my job!"
-Helen Dubois
If you don't know who that is, then maybe this will refresh your memory:

(My childhood, courtesy of Fan Art)
You're welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Who has time for any of that ish? No one.

    ReplyDelete