Thursday, January 28, 2016

JLaw, my queen

Dear Jennifer (JLaw) Lawrence,

My name is Mikelle, and I really am nobody special.  Sure, I do have the coolest fish in the world and have almost memorized the dialogue in all three Back to the Futures, but I am still just a less-than average girl.  You have millions of fans, while I am completely the opposite with maybe three followers on this blog and about 400 on social media (thanks to my many extended family members). Why am I making an effort to recognize/reach out to you?  The answer is simple.  You are exactly the person who inspires both this blog and the content on it.  You see, as you maybe can already tell, I am a lover of comedy and laughter.  I always have been, or at least as long as I can remember.  I would always go out of my way to make someone or myself laugh.  I mean, a great RomCom can't be a RomCom without the "com," am I right?  Just imagine movies like Clueless or Pitch Perfect without comedy.  I know, it terrifies me, too.

(very relatable creds to Entertainment Weekly)

Although, in the movies I've seen at least, you have always portrayed a more serious character.  But, watching your interviews we can all see how funny of a person you actually are.  Most blogs, or at least successful ones, will have a specific topic to interest those specific readers, but not me.  My blog seems very unorganized and just everywhere, but there is actually a purpose for all of the work put into these posts.  I want to make more people laugh.  Whether they are having a bad day, or the best day of their lives, I want to bring them the laughter that I know has guided me through my life. *inspirational titanic music playing in the background*

Most people admire an actor or actress for their acting skills or the fact that they played that person's favorite character in that movie.  I am guilty of this to some extent, but I strongly disagree, (but you did do an amazing job in The Hunger Games). You could be the Bill Gates of acting and still be a terrible person.  I look up to people more for how they act in interviews, around their fans, etc.  This is one of the many reasons that I admire you.  You don't even hesitate to express how you really feel when people ask about it.  You aren't one of the fake celebrities that acts like they're perfect all the time.  I have watched many interviews that still continue to inspire me.  You, unlike other girls, are never going to be willing to change your body or the way you look for anyone else.

So, this may be a slightly awkward 500 words for you to read, but this is the truth.  You are, in fact, the reason that I post on this blog.  I mean, besides the fact that I am graded on it, but thats not the point.  Okay, I'm gonna go eat now.

Your favorite egg,
Mikelle

No comments:

Post a Comment